When you’re stressed and uncertain during a catastrophe like the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s challenging to find the resources you need to move forward. I know you don’t have much time.
But it doesn’t take much time to recast your to-do list and start to become more action-orientated, you just need to apply some new thinking. Ways to start moving beyond your circumstances:
- You will be pushed-around if you don’t manage your time and priorities.
- During uncertainty, choose to learn new skills.
- Work on what is missing in your life.
- Work on the options you have to improve your lifestyle?
- What new approaches to business might we take in these difficult times?
- Show you care for others with empathy and compassion.
- Become a more enthusiastic and people will want to associate with you.
- People don’t need pity; they need you to believe in them.
- Help people understand the challenges you’re feeling, so they can help.
Provide help which will enable your family and team members to act with confidence, enthusiasm, and excellence while maintaining a positive outlook to the future.
Leadership matters in a catastrophe.
As we all go through this crisis, it’s important to remember how vital your leadership can be. Even as things become more onerous, when you show leadership, you can still make a difference in people’s lives and their future.
Right now, nearly everyone on the planet is currently experiencing anything from stress to panic. Only fools would not know what is going on. No matter what’s happening in your life, it is possible to get back to feeling peaceful, calm and centred.
You owe it to yourself, as well as the people you care about to end your anxiety and get yourself centred so you can be at your best, if not for yourself, then for the people you care about and love. All of us need to be at our very best self right now.
Running a small business, or non-profit, is hard, stressful and uncertain. Add in a global pandemic, and it’s enough to drive anyone’s stress through the roof. While you don’t have a crystal ball, use your research capability to uncover trends and best practices which will help you during this unprecedented time.
“If you experience difficulty, don’t be afraid to ask for help. By having your fears, clarified will decrease your problems and frustrations. Reducing fear helps you get going and keeping going”. Peter Sergeant
“Are you busy maintaining the status quo and letting life overtake you. Which way are your fears and current work environment and lifestyle driving your future”? Peter Sergeant