You will find external content writers (sometimes called coaches, advisors, facilitators, consultants, mentors) can help you make your dream come true. They can act as your planning, marketing and training coordinator. Good content writers are good listeners, not a talker.
How well do you think your football team would go if they didn’t have a good coach, somebody who knew the game?
When it comes to building your business, or non-profit organisation, an external content writer can be a powerful resource who can help you to act to achieve the things which are truly important to you.
External content writers can help you in many ways by:
- Helping you to clarify and focus on your long-term goals.
- Aligning your content and content marketing to your vision and objectives.
- Giving the motivation to take the necessary action to improve your content to move your business forward.
- Giving you objectivity, perspective and help you see the trees for the leaves.
- Helping you to invest time and energy in your best opportunities.
- Identifying and focusing on activities that will have the biggest impact.
- Increasing engagement of customers and other stakeholders.
- Creating a safer business environment in which people operate more effectively.
- Building a framework, or structure with the support necessary to ensure sustainability.
- Bringing new practical information and ideas to help your business.
- Ideas helping you to stay on track and for everyone to be accountable.
- Supporting outsourcing activities to improve the content in your value chain.
- Identifying gaps between where you are and where you need or want to be and adjusting your content focus.
- Provide customers with practical solutions through your content, based on years of experience.
- Helping you to make your business operate more efficiently and profitably with well targeter messages and other content.
- Identifying risks and blind spots in your content, while helping to increase your risk appetite.
- Helping you to find and induct and retain the best employees with better content and communications.
- Helping you deal with disrupters and ‘change engines’ to ensure sustainability through better content marketing.
- Improving leadership and management skills and the skills of employees when it comes to creating better content.
- Helping you identify and align your values across all marketing channels.
- Bringing about the behavioural changes needed to move your content marketing beyond the status quo.
Questions the right content writer might ask you.
Do you feel overwhelmed about what needs to be done to grow your business? Good content writers spent more time asking questions, listening and analysing, than they do talking.
It often takes some probing, as people always have some unclarified goals. Sure, they want to make money, but is this the real driving force behind their content marketing.
Here are some questions content writers might ask.
- What are your biggest problems and frustrations?
- What do you need new content for; blogs, press releases, webinars presentations, eBooks and so on?
- Tell me about the things you most want and need?
- What do you think you most need to learn, overcome, or breakthrough?
- Do you have a clear, realistic picture of the kind of business you want?
- Are you taking the shortest route to achieve your aspirations?
- If you had a magic wand, what would you wish for in your business?
- Do you have a business plan, if not why.?
- Do you have a budget, if not, why?
- Does your business model work well all day every day, if not, why not?
- Do you know what you need to do to grow your sales and profits?
- Do you feel you are taking a trial and error approach?
- What would you do if you could find a way to make your business work better?
- Are you attracting the customers you want and need?
- Is your business working for you, or are you working for it?
- Would you like more time for your family and yourself?
- Are you overwhelmed with all the changes taking place in the market?
- Is technology working for you?
- Do you get enough time to relax away from the business?
- Do you track your sales and marketing, what metrics do you use?
- What are your most important and ambitious goals for your business?
- What kind of business do you want to be running in a few years from now?
- I need to know what you want so that I can direct you to the right choices.
- Would you like to commercialise your ideas? Maybe you love trying new things?
- Do you like helping people?
- What are your next big projects?
- When was experienced person asked to review your plans to help you to improve them?
Are you having fun and enjoying your business?
What are you waiting for what can we do which will make a difference to your overall business by making improvements to all your content and content marketing today?
- “Before you spend a penny on engaging any content writer, ask yourself if you’re ready, willing and able to listen to the person you engage”. Peter Sergeant
- “External copywriters can free up your limited time and make things easier, more profitable, more sustainable and more fun”. Peter Sergeant